WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Friday, May 28, 2010

If Only Everything Were This Easy

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my clients, new or experienced, really don’t need that much convincing when it comes to eating the way that I propose… “Lean Meats and Vegetables, Nuts and Seeds, some Fruits (minimize the tropical ones), little Starch, NO Sugar.” Oftentimes I’m confronted with the realization that I’m continually trying to convince the convinced and, when I ask them what the hold-up is, they reply, “I want to eat that way and I see what it will do for me but I just don’t know what that looks like.”

So, here it is. Almost as simple as it gets. No fluff, took me less than 25 minutes, and it tastes pretty darn good. Of course there are plenty of things you could try to spice this up a bit but I want to give the bare-bones version of what eating within the realms of the Paleo Diet looks like. This is just one recipe and there will be many more to follow.

Quick and Easy Stir-Fry (for 2)

Ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts, Sliced, Skinless, 10 oz or 2 breasts
- Bell Pepper, Chopped, 1 whole
- Onion, Chopped , 1/2 an onion
- Broccoli, Chopped, 6 oz
- Almonds, 1 handful
- Minced Garlic, 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp

In two separate stovetop skillets melt 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium-low heat in each. Add stips of chicken breast to one skillet and cook thoroughly. At the same time add bell pepper, onion, broccoli, and almonds to the other skillet and cook until vegetables take on a "steamed" consistency. Comnbine cooked chicken from other skillet with the skillet with the vegetables and add in minced garlic. Mix completely and remove from heat. Let cool before serving. (You can also do this in the same skillet. Just cook the chicken thoroughly and remove from skillet. Then cook the vegetables and nuts in the same skillet and add chicken back in with garlic. That simple)





























Honestly, I go all out on some of my meals and they may take me an hour or so to complete. However, when I do that, I always make sure that I’m cooking plenty of left-overs so I am able to save time later. Really seems to make that hour go a long way. Notice that I have five chicken breasts in the pan for this meal but I only used two for this dinner. And what you don’t see is that I have another pan on another burner with two more chicken breasts and a sizeable hunk of fajita beef strips going at the same time. This will all last me for three to four days and I don’t really have to cook much else during that time. This is one way I make the Paleo Diet work for me. Try it.

Coach-simple-as-it-gets-Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment