WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Re-edumacation?

So, lately I’ve really been conflicted with which topic gets to take the number one blog post on this blog for both, uh make that three (if I can get my mom to partake) of my committed readers to enjoy. So, instead of actually posting about a specific topic or website I figure I’ll prelude all of the nitty-gritty with the “why” of the messages that I’m conveying. For those of you who train with me and know me well, you know that the “why” is something I tend to always need, much less give, with everything I talk about and do…sometimes to a mind-numbing, trance-inducing, downright boring fault. But, nonetheless, I plan on shorting none of you with that aspect here either. Here it goes.

One of the major problems with fitness, nutrition, and overall health information is that, over the course of the past several decades, centuries, millenniums, the information has shifted away from true health, “functional” fitness, performance, and quality of life, to that of physical appearance, instant gratification, ease/laziness and that which makes money. Among many others, training techniques, nutrition, shoes, rehabilitation and recovery, technology and medicine have all made such shifts. These shifts have not necessarily been for the best. Though that may be what you and I have been led to believe.

When it comes to buying into “the hype”, I myself sure fell for almost everything, if not, did fall for everything at one point or another. I was fortunate enough however, to meet several extremely influential people who gave me my re-edumacation (re-education), teaching me the correct information about topics I thought I had a firm grasp on.


Marketing and conformity are powerful when it comes to meeting agendas such as selling a product or service, or shifting public opinion. And, who knows, maybe I’m still falling for a bunch of hoopla, but I’ll let you decide. Whether you agree with my points of view or not I encourage you to keep an open mind as I present you with issues and address those issues from different perspectives that may shed some light and help you in your pursuit of a healthier, happier, better quality of life. I also invite you to present your own issues and thoughts in comments or via email. (PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com)

-Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment