WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Say Hello!

MONDAY, APRIL 16TH, 2012
Open Class 5:30pm / 7:00pm

Yesterday my girlfriend and I did a little social "experiment" to determine the general friendliness of people. On our 3-mile run around Country Heights, a very "homey", nonthreatening neighborhood, we waved to every car that went by and said, "hello" to every person that we ran by. Guess how many responses we got? NOT A SINGLE ONE! And there were easily a couple dozen test subjects for this "experiment" ranging in ages from probably 8 years old to 70 years old. Now I understand the whole "never talk to strangers" lectures that we all get from our parents when we're younger so I can see why the little ones not saying anything fits...and I might understand a little bit more if I were running alone and all of the people I passed and said hi to were women who didn't want to make any sort of contact (which is sad that this is even an issue, but it is what it is). But I was running with my girlfriend...and I even had my shirt on!

Your homework is to wave and say hello to at least 5 people that you have never met before.

Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

1 comment: