WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ice Wraps

THURSDAY, APRIL 28TH, 2011
5:30pm

NOTE: There will be no class this Friday and there will only be class on Monday of next week at 6:00pm.


Recently I purchased several ice packs from a company called Pro Ice. For my money this is one of the best ways to ice because the wraps adhere the cold to your body allowing you to do things that you still need to do around the house/office/wherever while taking care of your body. I'm actually wearing 3 of my ice packs while I write this post and make dinner!

To date I have only bought the multi-purpose wraps and am finding great benefit in them so I would like to share them with you. Pro Ice has a number of different wraps but I believe their multi-purpose wrap will work for most areas of the body. I tend to focus on my low back, hips and legs with these wraps. Another type of ice pack that I am going to try is made by Southwest Technologies and is called the "Elasto-Gel" cold pack. Specifically, the shoulder wrap looks appealing in hte Elasto-Gel series.

The cheapest rates I could find to date you can find here for the Pro Ice multi-purpose wrap.

And you can find the Elasto-Gel shoulder wrap here in small/medium and the Elasto-Gel shoulder wrap here in large/X-large.

These companies have a number of other wraps that may be beneficial for you. I suggest you do a quick search of each of their web pages to see what might work best for you.



Today was a GREAT day chalked full of PR's...

Chris as he pulls himself over the bar in a pull-up with an extra 45 lbs hanging from him.


And struggles through an impressive deadlift!


And check out Lucy as she PR's on her deadlift...



and PR's on her front squat...



And PR's on her push press!



And Brock nailed a PR in bench press...3 times!



And Phil hammered out a PR in his press today!


Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment