WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Please Sign Up For "We Want Paleo!"

MONDAY, MAY 7TH, 2012
Open Class 4:00pm

Going to restaurants can be quite a challenge for a well-educated health nut and it's quite the experience for those who accompany a "Paleo-eater" as well. Sure there are plenty of Paleo-esque options on many restaurant's menus but most have some underlying goodies that are not required to be disclosed. For example, many restaurants order their steaks, chicken breasts, fish, etc. preseasoned. So when I ask for a steak with no seasoning or salt on it the typical response I hear from my waiter/ress is, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do about the seasoning. It comes pre-packaged with it already marinated in. Damn! Every time I know that I'm going to lose sleep over how bad I feel for the next couple of nights and my workouts are going to severely suffer throughout the next week. And of course if I ask what is in the marinade I'm just wasting my time, the waiter's/resse's time as well as those who are with me because I'll be damned if anyone in the restaurant actually knows what goes into the seasoning (think MSG, artificial sweetners, anti-caking agents, artificial colors, soy, salt and it's associated quantity, etc).

Furthermore, many establishments cook thier foods in soy oil, peanut oil, vegetable oil, or worse! Do you think they just happen to have a tub of coconut oil, sesame oil, ghee, or tallow sitting there for people upon request?

For those of you who have truly given this whole Paleo schtick a sincere effort know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you who haven't tried to go Paleo or only did it half-heartedly this may sound a little drastic, but I assure you that when you do eat a strict Paleo diet this stuff really does matter. If you are in the second group here, there is a whole other level of "feeling good" that you have yet to experience and I encourage you to do so.

Whether you ever plan to eat a healthy, nutritious Paleo (or some variation of) Diet or not, please do your part to effect change in the way Americans eat and the choices you/we have. Not only will people have healthier options at restaurants, but at the supermarkets as well. If change can be made in dining establishments, people will become more educated and conscious with regards to what is healthy and what is not healthy and this will positively trickle into other arenas beyond the restaurants.

PLEASE go to "We Want Paleo" by Paleo Plan and enter your email and zip code.

Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment