WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mad At CrossFit

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21ST, 2012
Open Class 5:30pm

NOTE: Due to scheduled baseball and softball games, the 8:00pm Open Class is going to be moved to Thursday night this week.

I don't want this to be your story...this is why I do what I do.

MAD AT CROSSFIT
Mad at CrossFitSometimes I get mad at you, CrossFit. Why weren’t you around when I was 15? I wonder what type of athlete I would be right now if I found you at that age. What would I be like if I hadn’t been stuck in the same routine year after year? Back then, my biggest concern was my bench press. I virtually ignored many, many other muscle groups. Why didn’t you come along and hit me in the head and tell me how to REALLY become fit!?

When you were founded, why didn’t you come and knock on my door right away? Why were you so quiet and hard to find? You were out there somewhere, lurking in the shadows, weren’t you? You were there and I didn’t even know it. It’s frustrating to think about.

These days, we see you on television with CrossFit Games coverage. We see you in commercials during big sporting events like the NFL playoffs. I see you in commercials WITH NFL superstars. I keep hearing the names of famous people who find you and fall in love with you instantly. I see you in stores and all over the internet.

Why weren’t you so friendly and loud and visible a decade ago?

But, I eventually found you and I guess that’s all that matters. We have A LOT of catching up to do.

Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment