WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

You Are A Ticking Time Bomb

MONDAY, MARCH 12TH, 2012

Open Class - 4:30pm / 5:30pm / 8:00pm

Foothill Volleyball - 7:00pm



NOTE: Beginning today, Performance Qeust will be hosting a late night class on Monday's and Wednesday's util the end of the school year. Monday's will be held at 8:00pm and Wednesday's at 7:00pm. This class is meant to accommodate those athletes who currently have other comittments during the earlier "open class" times.


With all of the foods we eat today and with all of the additives that are added to the foods we eat, it's just a matter of time before we end up with some sort of horrible disease or illness. In all honesty, our bodies are meant to be healthy all the way through a long life span. We are not supposed to die from things like cancer, heart disease, syndrome-X diseases, diabetes, etc. By not eating meat and other foods that are sustainably farmed you are playing Russian Roulette with your life.


One of my biggest gripes is when people say, "Oh Justin, what's just this one time going to hurt you to eat this (insert food here)". Honestly, besides the fact that whatever food it is that people have to convince me to eat will ruin my stomach for a minimum of the next 10 days, every bite I take is taking time off of my life! Sounds a bit dramatic I'm sure. But it's not a joke. Every choice you make can either improve your quality of life or decrease it. I can't quantify how much time each bit or plate of "poor quality food" will decrease your life expectancy, but I'm confident that it does to some degree. It might only be seconds for a cupcake...but then again, it could very well be minutes too! All I know is that it all adds up to days, years, and unfortunately decades off of our lives and the lives of the ones we love.
With that, I'm asking you to be proactive with your health and it's associated decision-making. Lead by example. You can't tell your Mom that she needs to be really strict on a diet or exercise program and not "toe the line" yourself. Think about it, would you listen to what I said as intently if I were a fat couch potatoe who only came into the gym to work and never worked out or to teach you about nutrition as I ate a brownie? I'm guessing not. And you guys are a big motivator for me. I don't necessarily expect you to live your life exactly the way I live mine but I do expect you to pick up on certain aspects of it.


I consider myself a leader and, as such, my goal is to make you a leader as well. There's a quote by the great Mahatma Gandhi that states, "If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him...We need not wait to see what others do."

Though there apparently is no reliable documented evidence that Gandhi actually said these following words, he is also credited with stating the more commonly known form of the above quote, which has been simplified, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."


With either of these quotes, Gandhi is telling us that personal and social transformation go hand in hand.


So start by reading the following article and then by making incremental but consistent positive changes in your life. Those little changes will start to have a massive impact on you and those around you. I know because I see it in you every day...ARE YOU REALLY WHAT YOU EAT?

Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment