WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Should Athletes Train Like Bodybuilders?

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14TH, 2011

Open Class 3:30pm / 4:30pm

Olympic Lifting Class 5:30pm

Athena Class 5:30pm

NOTE: I will be holding our regular class at 3:30pm and 4:30pm but am giving you the option of coming to the Olympic Lifting Class held by Coach Jordan at 5:30pm. If you wish, you are more than welcome to do the 4:30pm workout and then do Oly Lifting Class afterward. Also, please show up at least 15 minutes early if you are attending one of the open class times to allow for extended warm up time for the programmed workout for this day.

Below I've posted a PHENOMENAL article by Dr. Joseph Mercola, which demonstrates many of the fundamental differences in various types of training as it relates to your sport or your goal.

However, even with how much I love the message of this article, of course I can always find something that I don't necessarily agree with (you know me!). To that extent, today I AM CHALLENGING YOU to find the major part of the article below that I don't agree with. Many of you have heard me speak on this subject before and I know that there are some of you that have not, but either way, give it a go. Dr. Mercola does a very good job making this part of the article convincing. So much so that he almost had me switching my position on the issue!

So, read the article. See what you think. Share it with your friends if necessary. I know we all have a friend or two who really needs to hear this!

SHOULD ATHLETES TRAIN LIKE BODYBUILDERS?
Coach Justin PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment