WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Am 100% Doing This For You 70% Of The Time...My Mass Gain Project

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2010
6:30pm

NOTE: There will be no class this week on Wednesday and Saturday.

If you haven't noticed, about 80% of my blog posts on this site, a site about all things performance related, are regarding nutrition. Hopefully this gives you some insight about how important this topic is when it comes to your health and performance. It's crucial and non-negotiable. Period! There are no ways around it. NONE!

As I've recently mentioned in my prevous post on "Eating For Mass Gain", I have a number of clients (predominantly of the XY genotype), that desire to gain weight. Not only do they want to gain weight, but after working with me for some time now, they understand and want to gain weight in the healthiest and most efficient manner possible. Also, as I've mentioned before, gaining weight and gaining weight correctly (healthiest way) is no walk in the park...especially compared to losing weight (of course this goes without saying in the healthiest manner possible as well). People who want to lose weight or simply be healthy, I have no sympathy for...it's just too easy (typically).

People who want to gain weight properly are constantly forced to stuff their face with food even when they are already full and feel like their intestines are about to explode out of every orifice of their body. Then, when they feel like this, they are required to go squat as heavy as individually possible. If you didn't already feel like you were on the verge of puking before the workout, you most-likely will in the middle or at least by the end. And this is every day! On day's you don't workout, you eat the same amount of food. Many, after actually realizing how demanding and torturous gaining weight healthfully actually is, decide that maybe "gettin' HEEYUGE" just isn't for them and that being lean will suffice.

This is what many of you aren't grasping. If you want to get "HEEYUGE" you have to constantly EAT! All day long. Even when you don't want to.

So here's what I'm doing and have actually already started doing in leiu of your struggles. I am putting myself through a mass gaining phase. During this phase I am recording everything I am eating and the workouts I am doing daily. My aim here is to post this information as frequently as possible (at least once a week, but don't hold me to it...we'll see) in order to give you an idea of what gaining weight looks like for me.

Here's the other thing you will need to consider. I am not what is termed a "hard-gainer". I actually put on weight fairly easy. I've not even been doing this for a week yet (6 days) and I've already put on 5 lbs. I don't expect this to hold true every week, but I now that this isn't common for many. What this means for you, since almost everyone I have who is trying to gain weight would be classified as a "hard-gainer", is you must eat AT LEAST as much as I eat every day to gain weight and for manyof you, if not all of you, this may not even put on a pound! Most of you will have to eat more. How much more? I don't know. That's an individual thing. There are calculations that I will also provide you with in an upcoming post that you can use to determine a good starting point and progression into more daily calories.

Oh! I will also be posting my schedule at times with the other information to prove a point. My days often consist of 13-15 hour days (between school, coaching, work, etc.) with only an hour or two worth of breaks in between those hours. Literally, I'm not home from 9am to 10:30pm (sometimes). But you know what? I still manage to get my food (quality food) down the piehole and get an adequate number of workouts in per week. So! I don't want to hear, "but I don't have enough time"... and then have you look to me for answers or as if it's my fault you're still able to lower your arm at your side when you sleep because your lats are not so gigantic. I gave you the answers (I know all of you have been told to cook meals in advance when you have the time and when you are cooking something to eat already, and have been given specific examples...See "If Only Everything Were This Easy"), am still giving you the answers, and you're making excuses. If you have a goal pursue it and make it happen. Otherwise you have a wish. If that's the case I hope you have a strong foundation with the Lord at that point because He's the only one who can possibly work miracles like that. And no, the Lord is not code-word for S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S. That will never be my answer or solution for me or you. Remember, I want you to do it in a healthy way.

So here's to the upcoming weeks of being overfed, working out with food coming back up the ol' esophagus and dealing with a less-than-thrilled girlfriend because my eight-pack is gradually disappearing.

Sounds fun right? Who's on board! (Remember, I am doing this 100% for you 70% of the time)

Coach-Already-Losing-His-8-Pack-And-Stumbling-Through-The-Pain-Cage-Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment