WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON PERFORMANCE QUEST FITNESS & ATHLETICS' BLOG

A collection of websites, articles, blog posts, videos, comments, studies, etc. from other forerunners in the areas of performance that will be covered, along with my own rants, raves, thoughts and ideas about selected topics. Also this blog serves as a showcase of the accomplishments and achievements of the hard-working athletes of Performance Quest Fitness & Athletics.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who Knew That $14.58 Could Save Your Life?

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST, 2010
6:30pm

NOTE: There will be no class this Wednesday or Friday.


BUY THIS BOOK!!! (and then continue to read on) The Paleolithic Solution - The Original Human Diet

The fact that I utter this statment is still sometimes hard for me to swallow, however, it just keeps coming out and I can't stop it. "No matter what cool, exciting, revolutionary stuff you learn with me in the gym regarding training (or out of the gym for that matter) I will confidently tell you that the most important thing I can teach you is how to eat properly."

This absolutely shocks some people who don't realize and/or haven't experienced the benefits to be had by eating the way that humans are designed to eat. It's true...if I had to chose either eating healthy OR working out consistently for the rest of my life I would tip my hat to eating healthy. Of course I will never actually advise that you only do one and not the other because combined you have a potent combination, or at least foundation, for a healthy, vibrant, long life.

One of the most frustrating things I run into is people (especially young athletes) who think that I am going to make them a phenom just by what we do inside the gym with the iron. I try to impart upon them all the time that if I took the whole hour we just had together lifting heavy shtuff and I talked about how I want them to eat for the next week they would most-likely realize a more drastic uptick in performance than from the strength and conditioning. Again, combine the two and watch out competition.

If you are my client then you know that to work with me you have to always be ready to work hard. And boy do we work hard! But then, when the workout's over I often see nothing but crap being shoved into the piehole. These people, the ones stuffing garbage in their face, will never experience the fantastic benefits that are actually to be had by working so hard. In my mind this is sad. Probably because I know how incredible it feels to optimize recovery, clarity of mind, and all of the other benefits there are from eating clean.

And, for my money, no one knows more about eating clean, optimizing recovery and fueling for performance (including performing through life itself) than Robb Wolf. This man is a nutritional genius (I actually literally call him my Nutrition God) whom I've written on before and who all of you should get to know on some level. His book The Paleolithic Solution - The Original Human Diet was just released on Amazon.com and you can still get it at the release price of only $14.58! It is my contention that this can be and will be the most important $14.58 investment that you've ever made. Let's see...only $14.58 to avoid the doctor, surgery, inflated medical bills, etc. It's a no-brainer folks.

Next week we'll all start discussing the book upon the conclusion of class while we're stretching and recovering. I hope you're involved in the discussions.

Here it is again The Paleolithic Solution - The Original Human Diet

Coach Justin
PerformanceQuestFitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment